Escape to the Spa without leaving your home! When the time comes to rejuvenate a tired bathroom many people are inspired by the warm esthetical of a spa environment. And opposite to what some may think, decorating a bathroom for a spa look is not hard to attain and can be achieved by adding some simple, and often inexpensive touches. Here are 5 tips and tricks for a relaxing retreat-style bathroom
1. Be a display Diva! One of the easiest ways to transform your ordinary bathroom into a spa-styled retreat is to display prettily packaged products and tidy toiletries. Consider investing in a collection of glass urns to hold everyday essentials such as q-tips, cotton balls or even soaps and face clothes. When shopping for toiletries try to find ones which have attractive packaging and display them alongside your urns to create a charming apothecary of pampering products.
2. Color is key! A coat of fresh paint can do wonders when trying to freshen up a frazzled bathroom. When choosing paint colors for your walls keep your choices muted, calm and neutral. Colors which are inspired by the sea such as soft, pale greens and blues are ideal and can help to instantly calm all who enter.
3. Lather in Luxury! When trying to achieve a spa-inspired style it is important to invest in a few high-quality accessories. A luxurious long shower curtain for example can add a lot of impact and can single handedly transform a bathroom from drab to fab!
4. Wish for Warmth! Have you ever noticed when visiting a spa that everything from towels to floor tiles seem warm and comfortable, that is because they use heated products throughout their facility. Now you can enjoy the feeling of unwavering warmth too by installing a variety of products such as heated towel bars or in-floor heating.
5. Wood does Wonders! When selecting materials for your spa look bathroom it is important to keep your choices simple, clean and natural. Wood is ideal when trying to achieve a spa-styled interior and can be used in endless ways to warm up an otherwise boring bathroom. Consider using open wood shelving to store towels, toiletries or decorative trinkets. Or use wooden accessories such as wooden soap dishes or counter top organizers to keep things looking naturally neat.
Decorating a bathroom for a Spa look is not that difficult. By following the 5 steps above you can enjoy the luxury of your own home spa.